My Name is
This is what I live for:
Athlete ~ Author ~ Adventurer
Author, Rusch To Glory. Seven-Time World Champion. Four-time Leadville 100 Champ. Firefighter.
The Reign of the Queen of Pain
Rebecca Rusch is the Queen of Pain with a heart of gold. It doesn’t matter if Rebecca is pedaling through the night on an epic adventure across Italy, riding her bike up Africa’s legendary Mt. Kilimanjaro, or teaching clinics and camps at a #JoinTheRusch camp or clinic, she brings energy, positivity and inspiration to whatever challenge she meets. As a professional athlete for over three decades, the 7x World Champion has continually tested her own limits, and shattered the glass ceiling in whatever sport she tackles. She redefined the team dynamics of adventure racing, has a first female ascent rock climbing El Capitan in Yosemite, river boarded down the Grand Canyon, and has given the men a run for their money in endurance mountain biking. Rusch’s work extends beyond the start line as the best selling author of Rusch to Glory, event producer for Rebecca’s Private Idaho, motivational speaker, firefighter, and cycling advocate. Additionally, she has raised over $100k for bike related charities through her adventures and events. In 2017, a full length feature film will be released, following Rebecca’s very personal and epic journey along the 1,800 kilometer Ho Chi Minh trail through Red Bull Media House.
When describing Rebecca Rusch’s athletic achievements, it may be easier to talk about what she hasn’t done, but, like Rebecca herself, we’re doing this the hard way.
Her national and world titles in whitewater rafting, adventure racing, orienteering, and cross-country skiing certainly impress, but they only set the stage; it’s the two-wheeled victories that really lengthen her resume. Rusch’s mountain bike accomplishments would strain the pixels on your screen. National wins across multiple off-road formats top the list, as well as record-setting victories at storied ultra endurance races like the Leadville Trail 100, Dirty Kanza 200, and 24 Hour MTB World Championships. Not content to wait for the race to come to her, Rusch also claimed the record on the 142-mile Kokopelli Trail, coming in more than an hour and a half faster than the previous champion. It wasn’t her idea, but it doesn’t take a professor to see why she earned the moniker “The Queen Of Pain.”
While maintaining this laundry list of accolades would be enough for most athletes, Rusch takes no such time to rest on her laurels. Her SRAM Gold Rusch Tour has been traveling to races and events across North America to help get more women in the saddle and riding their bikes through skills clinics, social events, and group rides. She created Rebecca’s Private Idaho, a grueling gravel road event in her hometown of Ketchum that attracts hundreds of riders to her backyard every year, all for charity. Organizations like the International Mountain Bike Association, World Bicycle Relief, PeopleForBikes.org, the National Interscholastic Mountain Bike Association, and the Wood River Bicycle Coalition can count her as an official ambassador and, in some cases, board member.
All that, and she’s still a firefighter and EMT with the Ketchum Fire Department and walks her dogs Diesel and Gracie just about every day.
What better way to learn more about this exceptional athlete than through her own words? Rebecca’s highly anticipated autobiography, Rusch To Glory, tells her story of transformation from ordinary to extraordinary and will inspire anyone to discover their own greatness.
- Author, Rusch To Glory , Dirt Rag Mag “Rusch Job”
- Seven-time World Champion in multiple sports
- Four-time Leadville 100 MTB Champion
- Three-time Dirty Kanza 200 Gravel Race Champion
- Course Record: Kokopelli Trail (Moab-Fruita) 13h 32m4 6s
- Raid Gauloises Adventure Racing World Champion Team
- Red Bull Endurance Athlete
- active.com’s #6 World’s Top 100 Athletes
- singletrack.com’s Mountain
- Biker of the Year, Sports Illustrated Adventure Racing Team of the Year
- Outside Magazine’s Top 20 Female Athletes of the Year
- Gold Rusch Tour – Events and rides aimed to get more women and girls on bikes
- Rebecca’s Private Idaho – Idaho’s premier gravel grinder bike race. Now in its 5th year
- Rusch To Glory – Rebecca’s highly anticipated autobiography, published in 2014
- Speaking Engagements – Growing demand as motivational speaker in front of corporate, academic, and TEDx audiences on topic ranging from Leadership, Rules for Success, Discovering Inner Greatness and the Pursuit of Challenges